All Secondary Schools across Geelong and the Surf Coast, with VCE Media Studies, are invited to take part in Odyssey. Each school can only submit ONE film from Year 11 and ONE from Year 12. A total of 2 films per school. Odyssey shows all films entered in a 2hr screening, so we ask schools to keep films to (at the very most) 10 minutes long. We have found that 3-4min are received well by audiences.
Schools often have their own ‘mini festivals’ to choose the film that they will enter.
2016’s schools included :
- Belmont High School
- Clonard College Geelong
- Geelong College
- Geelong High School
- Grovedale Secondary College
- Kardinia International College
- Lara Secondary College
- Sacred Heart College, Geelong
- Saint Ignatius College Geelong
- St. Joseph’s College, Geelong
- Surf Coast Secondary College